Thursday 4 March 2010

Joomla - Showing a module position in a module.

I've made a simple module that shows a modulepostion in a module.

The advantage of this being that I could assign a whole load of modules to different positions and then get a module to display them dynamically.

For example...

On my business pages I have all the pages being called by the 'locid ' which lets me know what location I'm displaying. I then have different 'Twitter'Modules for each loacation. For each one I have typed in the Module Position manually. In this format 'locationLOCID' - where i have written LOCID this is where i input the actually locid that references the location in my database.
I can then call up the module using
{modulepos }
and the twitter for that location will be displayed.

To do this though I first needed to install the 'Modules Anywhere' Joomla Extension. Joomla Modules Anywhere Extension

No comments: