Friday 13 August 2010

Virtuemart product page showing thumbnails fix

I've used a couple of hacks to solve some problems that I was having with the Product display pages in Virtuemart. 

It seems to be the default of Joomla's virtuemart to show thumbnails images on the Product page.  However I wanted to show a larger image at say 350px wide.


Thanks to this post http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?action=printpage;topic=21161.0

I found out that the what I needed to change was in

components/com_virtuemart/themes/default/templates/product_details/

and it's the page 'flypage.tpl.php' that needed changing ( i also needed to do flypage-ask.php !!)

find $product_image

and replace it with
< img src="components/com_virtuemart/shop_image/product/%3C?php%20echo%20$product_full_image%20?%3E" width="350px" / >

CLOSE THE GAPS AROUND <  & > thou !!



obviously you can change the width to whatever you wish




No comments: