Tuesday 29 November 2011

Can you force an old module from Joomla 1.5 to work on Joomla 1.7

I'm using this news reel GK4 on this Surfing News website.   It's got one really cool feature which I like is that you can scroll left or right through the pages of news items.  However this feature isn't carried over in the Joomla 1.7 update.  So I was wondering if I could force it to work.  The answer to this I think is no.  Here's what I tried

* Copied the folder over

* copied the jos_module entry for gk4 into the new site.  You have to do this by hand as there are extra fields, and some have been ended.

* changed the params - it now starts with {  and ends with }  .  Also /n  needs to be swapped for :

this still produces a NSP error.   The next stage would be to google  how to change my Joomla 1.5 module into joomla 1.7  or something similar.  If you know of a solution then please let me know.

No comments: