Monday 14 May 2012

Should I move my Joomla 2.5 installations mysql tables from myISAM to InnoDB

Another programmer who was looking at my code was horrified to see that my Joomla 2.5 website was using myISAM table format in my MySQL tables.  This is default but should I be bothered.  Well running fast and stable myqsl queries is very important to the program I am creating.  So if doing so is an improvement that it's certainly something I should look at doing.

Take a look at this blog. Should you move from MyISAM in InnoDB

So the next question is 'what do I need to do to upgrade my Joomla 2.5 installation from MyISAM to InnoDB

http://forum.joomla.org/viewtopic.php?f=624&t=680509


[code]

ALTER TABLE table_name ENGINE=innodb

[/code]


I'll let you know any difficulties when they occur.

No comments: