Monday 3 September 2012

Google Base Datafeed for Joomla 2.5 and Virtuemart 2.0

UPDATED 31 October 2012: 
I used to use RedMystic to help write me Google Base Datafeed but at the time of working there's no upgrade for virtuemart 2 and Joomla 2.5 .  So I written a backend component that outputs a Xml file you can write to a file and upload. 


This component is basically just a component button in administrator that will then take you to a page that has the text with the xml on. 
You then need to copy and paste this text into a .xml file that you'll need upload from your Google Merchant account.
Product Mapper for Virtuemart 2.0 on Joomla 2.5

I've made some improvements to my Product Mapper Component which moves it to version 0.9.

Rather than having an on screen output for the product.xml file it now gives you a download, meaning less sorting of invalid values afterwards .

Here's the change - I added this function to the controller in adiministrator area.

function sendToFile($xmlfile) {
$fp = @fopen('products.xml','w');
if(!$fp) {
    die('Error cannot create XML file');
}
fwrite($fp,$xmlfile);
fclose($fp);
}



However at this stage this Product Mapper component is still not ready for a full release . 
What it needs is to take your Category names and do a match with Google Categories. 
  What I would like to do is make a manual selection feature which saves this information for you in mySQL.
Hopefully I will add this at the next development. Please contact me on dj@lrip.eu if you would like this feature added quickly. 

 Unfortunatley for now you will need to download your XML file below and open it with your favourite editor; adding the google_product_category yourself.

I'll try and get round to this change next month.



You can get this information from Google Merchant Category



Feel free to use and copy this code as you wish; but let me know of any improvements as its quite likely I'd like to use an updated version myself. 


Google Base Datafeed for Joomla 2.5 and Virtuemart 2.0 Version 0.9

Google Base Datafeed for Joomla 2.5 and Virtuemart 2.0 Version 0.8

 Here's a video of how it works.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pEOlWbKEbSM

No comments: