Tuesday 27 August 2013

wordpress 3.5 contact form 7 failed to send your message. Please try later or contact administrator by another method.

On our website we started getting the following error when trying to send a message using the 'Contact Form 7' plugin on Wordpress 3.5.1 . 

'Failed to send your message. Please try later or contact administrator by another method.'

Here's the changes I made to get the plugin to work.

* The first thing I did was to fill in the 'To:' and 'From:' Fields. 

* I also made sure I used mail address that had the same domain as the server I'm sending from . Ie if your website address is  mywebsite.com  then address will be something like 'sales@mywebsite.com' 

* I also filled in the SUBJECT field with 'A Website Inquiry'

* And filled the Message Body with

The following is an inquiry from
   [your-name]

 [ your-email]

   [your-subject]

   [ your-message]


!!note: this is also a fix for 'contact form 7 not sending information to admin in message body'  if you are having that issue.

Here's a screen shot .


No comments: